• facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMary (Customer Satisfaction, PlayPosit) responded  · 

Hello, are there any limitations we need to consider with playback speed? Or do you believe it would be beneficial to support that behavior in all scenarios? We’ve enabled it on a case-by-case basis with institutions but thought it’d detract from the learning in general. Would love your insights.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Seth Dubois commented  · 

My students would love this feature. I mostly use the site on my own videos that are several years old and rather slow-paced. I really ought to remake them, but in the meantime they'd like to be able to speed them up.

• Roy Bannon commented  · 

Being able to watch at a higher speed actually allows me to keep paying attention to lectures, I would normally get bored and distracted listening to the same topic for an hour, but can easily follow along at 1.5x and end up retaining more. I also agree with the comment below about reviewing for exams, there is no way I could watch every lecture for a unit on normal speed to review but I could easily do it at 2x. Thanks!

• Michael Weingarden commented  · 

Variable speed playback is important to me. Youtube offers it for a reason. It's a great feature. I created a flipped Alg2 classroom and I made up around 100 videos for students. But even I sometimes find my videos to go a bit too slow. Also, I use variable speed playback for podcasts and audio books. My preferred speed is about 1.25, but sometimes I go to 1.4 or 1.5. Reading allows you to get through material faster. With video, fixed speed is like being stuck in traffic. You know where you need to get to, but you have no choice. Please implement this feature.

• Zach commented  · 

As a student who's trying to review for finals, I need to the ability to watch my 10+ hours of videos at least on 1.5 times speed.

• Benjamin Kirk commented  · 

I would also very much like this feature. Perhaps a feature to allow 1.25x, 1.5x, and 2x play speeds.

• Brianna Parish commented  · 

I would really like this feature. youtube has it and I use it all the time

Feedback and Knowledge Base